Monday, January 08, 2007

Rolo Cookies To Die For...

I got this from my co-worker, MLR. It's chewy and chocolaty...
I usually get around 110 or so cookies with this recipe.

5 Cups Flour
1 Cup Cocoa
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Cups Butter (softened) or Margarine
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 Eggs
10 pkgs of Rolo candies, approx.
about 100 chocolate melting wafers


Preheat oven to 375F. Cream butter, add sugars, cocoa and eggs and mix; add vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients. Shape 1 Tablespoon of dough around 1 unwrapped rolo candy. Place in baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 min (I never bake it longer than 8 minutes). Place 1 chocolate melting wafer on each cookie as soon as they come out of the oven; spread when melted. Let cookie cool 5 minutes before removing to rack to cool further.

3 comments:

rareflower said...

Can I join the TCCL? Does my eating until I burst, every 2 hours (or more frequently) on the cruise qualify me? I guess not, since I was too tired to go on the 2AM Singaporean hawker crawl ... :)

Two Chubby Chinese Ladies said...

You are definitely a part of TCCL in spirit... "Singaporean hawker crawl"... LOL

Anonymous said...

I first tasted these cookies at Julie's house, and then again last Sunday. So I was just dying to try this recipe. I made it today and it turned out really good. The cookies are so yummy, especially with a glass of milk. Thanks for sharing!!!!